Our patented technology platform provides innovation and product differentiation while maintaining sustainability within operations.
Our Flutex™ platform contains the most advanced combination of technologies in the lipid industry.
Flutex combines innovative green chemistry technologies to extract, purify, separate and concentrate the individual fatty acids of omega-3 oil.
This green chemistry method of fatty acid purification improves the quality of the oil compared to other chemical concentration procedures which create isomers and other contaminants.
Our CO2 Supercritical Fluid Technology maintains GRAS status and excludes the use of toxic organic solvents used in conventional extraction methods.
Flutex offers a unique point of difference with higher potencies (up to 97%) and the flexibility to customize ratios for condition specific formulas.
We specialize in combining technologies for specific market needs and trends: vegetarian omega-3 oils, lipid emulsions and specialized proresolving mediators.
- Premium EE, TG and MAG concentrations
- Low level oxidation parameters
- 24/7 operations
Our Purification Process
This platform consists of four pillars in combination with other technologies:
- Molecular Distillation → technique allowing separation of polyunsaturated fatty acids (omega-3, omega-6) from saturated and monounsaturated fatty acids.
- Urea Complexation (CXU) → selective precipitation technique allowing separation of polyunsaturated fatty acids (omega-3, omega-6) from saturated and monounsaturated fatty acids.
- Supercritical CO2 technique → technique utilizing supercritical CO2 as a solvent (green solvent – not toxic), capable of isolating EPA, DHA and specific ratios of both and additional PUFAs (as DPA) from the remaining fatty acids. This technique allows us to obtain high concentrates of EPA and DHA.
- Enzymatic process → EE forms can be reconstituted to TG, or converted to MAG/DAG through an enzymatic process.
Cleantex™ is a patented4 purification process utilizing nitrogen that removes elements of contamination including heavy metals, PCBs, dioxins and others. The method utilizes the technologies and equipment through Flutex.
At the end of the manufacturing process, Cleantex also includes a deodorization technique, which is the responsible for eliminating potential residual flavors, thus, resulting in a more pleasant tasting oil.
The process utilizes nitrogen rather than steam, reducing the risk of oxidation. It also utilizes temperatures that are 42% lower than conventional methods of reducing fishy odor and aftertaste.
Finished product applications vary from softgels and capsules to emulsions that completely dissolve in water.
Cleantex is also an environmentally friendly process and creates zero waste.
4Patented in USA US/9309484 and Europe EP/2732014
Av. de la Transición
Española º24, 3ª Pl.,
phone: +34 918.060.477
fax: +34 918.060.605
Polígono Industrial El Zafranar,
P.22, 50550 Mallén,
phone: +34 976.866.314
fax: +34 976.850.123
|North America||Central Asia|
One Technology Place
200 East First St.,
phone: +1 336.306.8536
The Landmark Building Sector 7,
Office 1010-Plot #26-A
Kharghar, Navi Mumbai
410210 Maharashtra, India
phone: +91 222.087.0349